October 29, 2011

Rain, coffee & art!








Eek! Sure has been a while since my last blog post. How are you all? I'm busy as a bee over here in Portland, OR! I'm trying to get used to the rainy, grey days... which to the locals, haven't even "started" yet! 
I've been working on a few huuuuge projects including: a line of greeting cards, illustrating a book for a well-known author (stay tuned for details!), a blog re-design, a magazine cover, iPhone cases, and more! Because of all this freelance work, I've gotten a little behind on my Etsy orders... which brings me to the next bit of exciting news:

I have an assistant! Her name is Melanie and she's the lovely talent behind Soma Venus and Rad Cat. She's a total cat lady -(works at a shelter, professional kitty photographer)so we most definitely get along. So far, we've done a little work and a lot of cat things. Or is it the other way around!? ;) I'm super grateful for her assistance and I hope she likes her new job!

Up top are 3 new paintings + a self portrait in my new studio! I really love the house we're living in... a super sweet 2 bedroom house with lots of character & charm.

Well, that's all for now... Have a lovely day, friends!

Daisy

21 comments:

  1. Welcome to Portland, i hope you will love it here. It takes awhile to "get used to" the rain and gray skies. It's all worth it for the year round greenery. I love your new art, it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like many good things are happening in your world. That's wonderful! Love your new paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your quote art--I always get compliments of your art hanging in my house--it just perks the rooms right up!
    Sarah M
    congrats on all the exciting news with work--that all sounds fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see all your new work...I am in Vancouver Canada and can so relate to the rainy weather! Hugs...and soooo love your studio.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww! I didn't know you moved here! The rain has definitely not begun, but there is so much stuff to do regardless. I really hope you enjoy this town! Let me know if you need any food or activity recs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love an iPhone case designed by you! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the first painting. By the way, my mum absolutely adores the print I got her for her birthday. We'll be moving in a couple of months and the first thing she decided when we bought the new apartment was where the print would be... Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that first one is so so beautiful!
    congrats on all the exciting work you are getting to do! i can't wait to see the book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am SO excited for you about your new accomplishments! Well-deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look beautiful! I hope you settle in to Portland just perfectly! Wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  11. like? more like LOVE :D :D this is a total dream job to get to work for you! thank you for letting me help you out! hooray for crafty cat ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the picture of the above your self portrait makes me so happy. given my name... summer... i obviously love anything that resembles or is related to the 'sun'. it makes me think of the beautiful sunshine. thanks for sharing your art. thanks for inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your work, especially the Land of Ampersand painting on your Etsy site. A friend told me my work reminds me of yours, and I can sort of see it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your blog redesign for Ashely. Your work is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. just wanted to say i love your art on the under the sycamore blog!! it looks amazing! i've had your be kind print for several months and get compliments all the time. just waiting for you to come out with all the states now! awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. you have agood blog articles soo good and i hope to visit my blogs if u want to make exchange contact me thanks a gain ,,,
    Santé Articles
    Weight loss Steps

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are such a beautiful Spirit and your works are amazing. I am so blessed to find your blog. Peace and Love.<3

    ReplyDelete
  18. SEUS TRABALHOS SÃO MUITO LINDOS.....

    Are Jobs are so very very very ......wonderful.....gorgeous......your inspiration is perfect.........i like it.......so much.....

    ReplyDelete
  19. i think you are amazing!!!
    that's all i wanted to say tonight.
    :)
    you rock.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great post. Keep it up. It is wonderful information for me. Please visit https://goo.gl/l94G5N

    ReplyDelete