August 28, 2011

Prairie Camping

My best friend Heather is getting married! To celebrate, we went camping at Nachusa Grasslands in rural Illinois... it was SO much fun. 

Our camping night included: campfire stories, almonds, chocolate, pita chips, cookies, a night hike and lots of stargazing :) 

Did you hear? I'm moving to Portland, Oregon! I've officially fled the state of North Carolina for a change of scenery. I've loved every minute of Asheville, but the gypsy in me is saying, "time to move!" I'm excited to be closer to the ocean... collecting treasures on the beach and getting new inspiration. 

For now, I'm in Northern Illinois until Heather gets married -- I'm her maid of honor! Shortly after that, I'll round up Luke and Basil and high tail it out to the Pacific Northwest. Adventure awaits!

11 comments:

  1. We live in Portland - it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, I am so excited for you, Luke, and Basil! What an amazing adventure this is. I know I will be in Portland to visit you soon. Faith remains!

    The photos are absolutely gorgeous.

    Love,
    Alia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I KNEW I should have found a way to come to an art show in Asheville this year! The NW seems like an amazing place and you will make it all the better. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful gorgeous photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like a lovely idea! gorgeous photos : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to hear about your Portland life! I have always wanted to visit Portland and I definitely still plan on it one day. I've never seen the Pacific!

    If you need a break from the cold, feel free to come visit Rincon, PR for a little Caribbean beach break! You're always welcome here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such lovely photos. & what a great way to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone for your sweet comments and words of encouragement! My Northwestern adventures will be posted soon :)

    Alia - I'm expecting you as a house guest! Let me know when you'll arrive ;)

    Chelsea Anne - I might take you up on that PR invite! I've always wanted to go. And yes, come visit Portland! I've never seen the Pacific either, but I think it'll be love at first sight!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wait until you get to this beautiful state. I, too, am a southern girl who has meandered her way to this wild rugged green state. It is so unbelievably beautiful. Any idea where you guys want to live? I feel like you'd probably like North East and South East best. Downtown is cool but there is less of a "community" feel there. I'd be thrilled to pass along any recommendations if you need! Welcome to the wonderful beautiful Pacific Northwest

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm from Portland (NE, you'd love it there)...now live in Seattle! Nice to know you'll be local(ish)! Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. jealous on two parts... I haven't been to Portland yet... and wish I looked as lovely as you without any makeup on... good luck on your move! xo amy

    ReplyDelete